Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 5: Weekly Update

My SMART Goal
Over the next ten weeks I will use reusable waterbottles 100% of the time when drinking water and other beverages such as coffee, sports drinks and juice and I will consume 8 glasses of water a day.
Successes
I was able to drink 8 glasses of water 5 out of seven days this week.  When I am in class and at school I tend to drink more water becuase I always have my water bottle with me but I struggled on Friday and Saturday to drink enough water becuase I was busy and not on my usual schedual.  
Challenges
I sliped up four times this week buying a soda, orange juice, and two coffee's at the coffe shop.  I am disappointed that I did this and I know I can do a better job next week.  I also had a hard time drinking 8 glasses of water on the weekend because I was out of my normal schedual. 

Feelings
Overall I am happy with my progress this week.  I drank a lot of water but I am disapointed with the amount of plastic containers I purchased.  Not to mention I spent $7 buying those drinks when I could have been drinking free water.

 

What I Learned
I noticed that I am drinking a lot more water which means I am drinking less soda and coffee.  I get caffine headachs and I am trying to cut back on the amount of coffee and soda I get to get rid of these cravings.  So far my SMART goal has been very helpful in that sense.  It is cool how changing one seemingly simple thing can change other things in your life for the better.
Plans for Next Week
For the upcoming week, I plan on keeping my current SMART goal: 
I will use reusable waterbottles 100% of the time when drinking water and other beverages such as coffee, sportsdrinks, and juice and I will consume 8 glasses of water each day.


3 comments:

  1. It is easy to not drink all of that water when you start getting busy, that was my problem this past week! Good luck this week tho, I'm sure you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your statement about how changing one thing can greatly effect other things in your life. sounds like your doing great-keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure this week go a lot more smoothly for you since you were disappointed that you had a couple slip ups this past week. I know when I forget to bring my bag to the store it's easier for me to remember it next time since I was bummed I forgot it.
    Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete