Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 6: Weekly Update

My SMART Goal
Over the next ten weeks I will use reusable waterbottles 100% of the time when drinking water and other beverages such as coffee, sports drinks and juice and I will consume 8 glasses of water a day.


Successes
I was able to drink 8 glasses of water everyday this week! But believe me it was a struggle.  I had to leave myself reminders on my phone in order to get it done on the weekend but I feel like it will only get easier from here on out. I was also able to use a reusable container almost every time I drank something this week.


Challenges
We had our first basketball road trip this weekend and it was really hard to turn down plastic bottles.  They give us water and gatorade after every game.  It was hard to turn down the free gatorade because as a college student I almost never turn down free food.  I did use a plastic glass at the hotel without realizing it also.

Feelings
Overall, I am very happy about the progress I made this week.  I drank 8 glasses of water each day! I feel like it will continue to get harder to turn down plastic containers the more I travel with the team.  Hopefully, I can stay true to my goal.

What I Learned
I learned that making a change isn't always easy but it is worth it.  I have had fewer headaches because I am staying more hydrated.  I am also drinking less soda and coffee because I am always drinking water.

Plans for Next Week
For the upcoming week, I plan on keeping my current SMART goal:
I will use reusable waterbottles 100% of the time when drinking water and other beverages such as coffee, sportsdrinks, and juice and I will consume 8 glasses of water each day.

Check out the hydration calculator and see if you are hydrated!
I tried it and it said that I needed to drink 16 glasses of water a day based on my weight and the amount of time I spend exercising each day.





Blogged for Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 6 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy


4 comments:

  1. Nice job, Jordanne! Using the phone reminders is a good idea. The hydration calculator is cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hydration calculator is pretty cool! I can completely understand that turning down free gatorade would be hard! Keep at it though, you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is way cool! I like when you said "making a change isn't always easy but it is worth it." very true statement. Sounds like you are still doing an excellent job..keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, that hydration calulator is a cool idea. I've never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete