Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 7: Weekly Update


My SMART Goal
Over the next ten weeks I will use reusable waterbottles 100% of the time when drinking water and other beverages such as coffee, sports drinks and juice and I will consume 8 glasses of water a day.
Successes
This past week went really fast! I was very busy but I was still able to drink 8 glasses of water a day.  It is getting easier and easier for me to remember.  I think that It will eventually become another routine for me.  I was also able to use my reusable water bottle for most of my beverages. 
Challenges
I purchased one coffee this week but that is the only non-resuable item I used!  I have a long basketball roadtrip coming up and we will be gone for four days.  I am worried that I will forget to drink 8 glasses of water when I am away from my usual routine.  I also will need to be carful about taking free water and gartorade that I am offered which will be a challenge to turn down.
Feelings
I am happy with the progress that I have been making and I plan on sticking with my goal even though It will be tougher this upcoming week.  Wish me luck! :)
What I Learned
I have learned that by drinking more water I feel better overall and get less headaches.  I have also learned that by cutting down on my consumption I am saving money and improving my health as well as helpling the environment.  Win-Win!
Plans for Next Week
For the upcoming week, I plan on keeping my current SMART goal: I will use reusable waterbottles 100% of the time when drinking water and other beverages such as coffee, sportsdrinks, and juice and I will consume 8 glasses of water each day.

Fun Fact
 I will be traveling on an airplane this Thursday and I found that when you are traveling on an airplane, it is good to drink eight ounces of water for every hour you are on board the plane.

Blogged for Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 7 hosted by

3 comments:

  1. That is quite the interesting fact that you found. I wonder why that is exactly? Hope that you're upcoming week goes well! Good Luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be on a plane in about a month, good to know I should be drinking that much water!
    Good luck with your goal for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your fact, is that because the air pressure is different? Good luck and travel safe this week!

    ReplyDelete