Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 1: My SMART Goal





My SMART Goal



Over the next ten weeks 10 weeks I will use reusable water bottles 100% of the time when drinking water and other beverages such as coffee, gatorade, and juice.

How is this lifestyle change Eco-Chic? 


This change will reduce the use of fossil fuels and greenhouse gases that result from manufacturing water bottles and it will cut down on the number of plastic bottles in stuck in landfills .  




 

This change will not only benefit the environment but it will benifit me personally.  I will drink more water becuase it will no longer be convinent to buy a soda or sports drink.  It will also save me money.  I spend a lot of money on soda, gatorade, juice and coffee.  This change will help me focus on drinking water. 


Why is this lifestyle change important to me?

This change is important to me becuase I need to do my part to help the environment.  I think this will be a relativly easy habit to get into and it is something I can do for the rest of my life.  I have used a reusable water bottle in the past for water but I think the most challenging part of my goal will be to refrain from buying soda and gatorade.  I also will need to remember to bring a reusable bottle for my coffee.  Im excited to start this change and see how it will benifit my health and save me money.  I think it is a win-win situation!

Making the change!

Starting NOW I am done using plastic bottles!

I also blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 1 Linky Party hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy. 



3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your change, I was just saying that Im bad at using my water bottle. Your goal made me more aware of how important it is to use it! That picture of all the water bottles is crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey we have the same goal! I like the pictures you used for this post, very crazy to see where all of those plastic water bottles are going once we are done using them! Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goal! I saw that picture of the pile of water bottles on-line when I was searching for a picture for my blog, it's crazy and so sad! I need to start using my reusable water bottle again!

    ReplyDelete