Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 9: Weekly Update

My SMART Goal
Over the next ten weeks I will use reusable waterbottles 100% of the time when drinking water and other beverages such as coffee, sports drinks and juice and I will consume 8 glasses of water a day.
Successes
I got back on track this week with my goal and was able to drink 8 glasses of water everyday! I also was able to use re-usable containers on most occasions this week.


Challenges
I had only a few draw backs this week using plastic containers. I purchased a soda one day because I was really craving a Mountain Dew and I also purchased a coffee from Caribou on Monday.
Feelings
I was really happy with myself this week after my poor performance last week.  I was still traveling because of the Thanksgiving Holiday but I stuck with my goal for the most part.  It was fun to tell my family and friends from home about my goal and about what we are learning in this class.  Overall, I think I had a good week.


What I Learned

I have learned that even if I do poorly one week I can turn it around.  I am happy that I have started this goal and I think it is something I can try and do for the rest of my life.  I have improved my health, saved money, and reduced my carbon footprint.  I also am planning on doing more things to be more eco-chic in the future.


Plans for Next Week
For the upcoming week, I plan on keeping my current SMART goal: I will use reusable water bottles 100% of the time when drinking water and other beverages such as coffee, sportsdrinks, and juice and I will consume 8 glasses of water each day.

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 9 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear that things went better for you this past week! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved telling my family about my goal and the project as well..keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete